BLACK FOODIE Week
September 20 @ 1:00 pm - September 27 @ 11:30 pmFree
BLACK FOODIE is excited to bring you its first BLACK FOODIE Week (BFW). This week-long event, hosted on blackfoodie.co/black-foodie-week and BLACK FOODIE’s social media channels, will be dedicated to celebrating Black chefs food culture.
Each day will feature interactive segments, digital content and live activations, profiling prominent Black chefs, restaurants, and food entrepreneurs in Toronto to help you expand your understanding of Afro-Caribbean cuisine.
For far too long, Black chefs and Black food culture have been erased from mainstream culinary culture despite the creativity, prowess, and rich history they embody. This event gives our chefs and our culture the space they deserve.
HOW IT WORKS
Your General Admission ticket enables you to watch and participate in the following events:
- The Future of Black Food Culture featuring Leticia Daewuo, Paul Taylor, Chef Bashir Munye, and Eden Hagos
- Toronto’s Black Restaurateurs featuring Chef Suzanne Barr, Carl Cassell, and Ryan Hinkson
- Black Veganism: Past, Present, and Future featuring Abena Offeh-Gyimah, Afia Amoako, Joe Guild Thomas, and Randell Adjei
Starter Kit Cook-alongs
- Visit The Bahamas with Raquel Fox
- Discover Somalia with Chef Bashir Munye
- Explore Trinidad & Tobago with Chris De La Rosa
Drink n Learn
- Pour it Up with Chef Adrian Forte
- Cocktails for the Culture with Christina Veira
- Welcome Home with Mofer Coffee
If you’re only interested in the cooking classes, or the panel events, or the beverage activation, select the appropriate ticket bundle. You’ll be sent notifications for each session so that you can join the livestream happening on the BLACK FOODIE Facebook page.
BLACK FOODIE Week is proudly supported by the City of Toronto, Interac, the Culinary Tourism Alliance, and Restaurants Canada.